Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Broken Goodbye

I hate to watch us part,
but you see, I cannot stay.
Our lives have changed directions,
and our paths are night and day.

I have turned to face the east,
and you stand facing to the west;
our backs against each other,
the split's tearing at my chest.

I am sad to change my heading,
and it hurts to let you go,
but our fates no longer merge
into the future I hoped to know.

I thought we'd walk together
into a friendship, never ending,
but our paths divided sooner
than the promise you'd been vending.

So I guess this is goodbye,
but hopefully not for long.
Maybe I'll see you later.
Maybe I am wrong.

If our paths do forget to cross,
and this our final meeting,
know you bruised my heart,
but you can't stop its beating.

1/13/2016



No comments:

Post a Comment