Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Life Lived for Others.

I was recently having a conversation with a friend and some of topics that were discussed have made me think and reflect on my own life and on the trials that I have been through. Looking back on my life, I have been through a lot, but pulling myself out of the center of the universe and looking around, my trials seem minuscule compared to those around me.

Each experience that I have been through has been tailored for me. The things that I have learned and am still learning from each event has been specific, extremely difficult, and necessary. With each lesson learned there has been someone who has come to me for help because they know that I survived; because they somehow found out one of my secrets, my weaknesses that I have tried unsuccessfully to keep hidden.

Often times I have wondered the popular question of 'why?'. Why did I have to experience a trial? Why did I have to learn a specific lesson? Looking back, it is safe to assume that some of the lessons that I learned were to help other people and the trials that they would soon face.

We are to live a life of service. A service to others. What is this life for if we are not helping each other along the way. There are too many selfish people in this world. Let us all try to take the time to help another person; to make a difference. Even the smallest act of service can change the world.

If I can make a difference in just one person's life, then all of my trials that I face and my life is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment