Sunday, December 7, 2014

A letter to the World

A while back I was having a hard time sleeping. It was just one of those nights where you are so incredibly exhausted that your eyes feel like they are too big to fit in your skull, and where your brain has reached a point where it is so tired it can't even shut itself off. So I was laying in bed...trying to force my eyes back into my head and trying to calm my brain down enough to where I could begin to relax. It had been just one of those times where everything just seemed to be going wrong, everything was dark (figuratively and physically), I was questioning myself. While I was just trying to find someway to sleep, my mind began shouting/writing this letter of sorts, and for some reason, I knew it had to be written down before it disappeared from existence. It was strange because as I was writing, it didn't feel at all like it was me that was writing this letter/message, but someone else. I was writing down what someone was dictating to me. I thought I'd share it with the world because it not only applied to me, but it applies to anyone who is struggling, anyone who is going through a trial, anyone who feels alone, anyone who is having a hard time. So this letter is for you. Read it. Absorb it.

Dear You,
                I know it is hard. I know that you are hurting. I know you feel let down, disappointed, heart-broken, depressed, and alone. I know you don’t feel good enough to be loved or wanted, but one day you will see and understand why this had to happen and why you had to struggle so much. You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. You are incredible and the strength within you will grow and you will change the world with who you are. Be good. Do good. Work hard and even though you are afraid, keep going. Life is scary and your greatest accomplishments will come from your scary moments. Doubt not, fear not. Those times when you feel alone, just remember that even though you feel the darkness creeping in, you possess a light that can outshine and conquer anything that is trying to hold you down. Remember that even though you may feel friendless and feel like no one cares, you always have a Father and Brother who will always stand by your side as long as you reach for them. They will always be by your side and will always listen to what you have to say. Don’t forget about them. Allow them to hold you up when you can no longer stand. Watch for the hand of God in your life and find things to be grateful for, even when it is hard to do so. Trust them with your whole being. They are the only ones that will not let you down. They will always love you no matter how unloved you think you are and when you are alone in the darkness, they will be fighting your demons and protecting you from being consumed by the darkness; they will be holding you close with more love than you can understand. They know you better than you know yourself and they know what you need to become the best that you can be. Let them guide you, even when you must take a leap of faith into the unknown. It will be hard, but together with Christ and Heavenly Father, you cannot fail. With them you can do hard things. Have faith. Breathe. And keep smiling. Happiness will return to you again, I promise. And most of all, remember that you are enough.

Love, Me

2 comments:

  1. Totally amazing, very inspiring. Everyone has felt the same way at some point in their life. No one said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it. So just hang in there and endure with your head heald high. We have angels around us helping and cheering us on. You are a wonderful example to everyone you come in contact with and I'm so blessed to be your mom. Love you

    ReplyDelete